A word about "General Chat"

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Just my opinion........

For some reason I am compelled to say that "General Chat" is vital in this and most every forums success. Without "chat" a forum site can become much too rigid, too limiting. A successful forum is a virtual gathering of like minded individuals who meet to discuss their mutual hobby along with other topics. It is important to note that as social creatures we enjoy to interact. Chatting about this or that satisfies that need. I am certainly no expert yet in my way of thinking "General Chat" stimulates overall participation in the forums primary theme. In our case garden ponds and such.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
OR NUTS :LOL: I agree if you only speak about the subject at hand you will see less postings and people will become bore with the forum and not come on much as they would rather be playing games instead .People in general on here care about what is going on in the lives of fellow ponders and it keeps things real .hey L why the middle eaten out of the bread for your pic .don't remember if maybe I missed something .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
funny I thought that and both of my sons liked the crust more than the middle of the bread with store bought because they said it was gooey ,but when I made homemade they would eat the whole slice .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We used to take the center of white bread roll it around until it made a ball then eat it.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
actually ...the crust on white bread is its only redeeming quality... it contains pronyl lisene, an antioxidant produced in the baking process. this compund helps prevent colon cancer.which is in contrast to the the sugar that white flour is metabolized as. and sugar is cancers favorite food. and the flour is a fast carb, meaning its quickly turned to sugar, so can cause big spikes in your blood sugar, thats why "white flour" pastas and breads are bad for people with blood sugar issues like diabetics.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like making bread and adding veggies to it .At least it gives it some flavor ,never been a big fan of it .I make my own pasta out of wheat flour as to me it holds up better in cooking and has more flavor also and cheaper to make than buy .Except I do love the veggie pastas ,sorry just a veggie nut :razz:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I like crust & always have -- I never ate a hole in my bread, and used to watch my elementary school classmates with curiosity as they wasted the BESTEST part of the slice! Now, all we eat are whole wheat products -- healthier, taste better [to me at least], and have more texture. You can even order whole wheat crust for pizza, but the one place here that provides HW crust, uses something that I'm allergic to, 'cause it gives me bad headaches [it's likely a corn product].

I can remember being 4 or 5 and eating spinach because POPEYE ate it! I'll admit that I was older before I tried a lot of veggies, but I did grow up liking salads, LOVING tomatoes, cucumbers, asparagus. YUM!

---------------
And where else could I have gone to talk about my fears for my kitty cats?!

Ahhhh, only on a "chat" forum :) Thanks, GPF!!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
IMO theres only one healthy style bread... most so called "healthy" breads would be more correctly labeled " less unhealthy"... sprouted grain breads are actually good for you. no flour, all grains are actually sprouted into tiny plants, blended together into a living dough, and mixed with the other ingredients, and "baked" at a low temp. the bread still contains live enzymes, and plant sterols and phyto nutrients. contains no sugars, glutens, and minimal sodium. and no high fructose corn syrup. which has been proven to cause holes in the digestive tract, ( leaky gut syndrome.)

Mmathis...its probably glutens your allergic to....glutens are NOT GOOD for anyone, wether or not you have allergies. they leave a sticky film in blood vessels increasing blockage risks.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Mmathis...its probably glutens your allergic to....glutens are NOT GOOD for anyone, wether or not you have allergies. they leave a sticky film in blood vessels increasing blockage risks.

No problem with glutens, but am allergic to corn [and I LOVE corn!]. When I think about it ahead of time, can take an antihistamine, but I often don't remember until I have the headache. I take allergy shots, but shots don't work for ingested allergens.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The little sprouted bread idea reminded me of the wonderful Quinoa sprouts that addy told me about. I love them,not supposed to eat them cuz they have high oxalates in them but still do. No kidney stones on my xrays for a long time now so just going to stay away from the nuts mainly as they are the worst for stones. I add the stuff to soups, chowder, stews, everything and it's good as a side dish w/ a bit of sauce or butter. Love my Quinoa!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were really young when doing that sissy! Do love the Quinoa! luckily I can eat anything without issues.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok addy lets see ya eat 3 chocolate cakes and some strawberry sundaes and a bunch of those yummy fancy cookies you like everyday and see if you have no issues.....................lol...............you might be twice the size you used to was and no more bikini's for you ma'am.........oh yes I know all about that kind of eating! Trying to lose some of my holiday happy eating party stuff right now as we type :D
Ok back to the Quinoa..........it's good for you!

Ask a Question