added mystery product & pond is covered in suds

Reaction score
The guy that installed my pond comes across a new product once a month and swears that it is the strongest and best stuff ever. This spring my pond with waterfall was clear but had some string algae so he gave me a spray bootle of this purple liquid. He said to spray the perimeter of the pond once a week. This purple liquid didn't do much... but the water remained pretty clear.

I have pear trees that the flowers all fell off and into the pond and week later my water was like raw sewage. I called the guy that installed the pond and asked for some Microb-Lift PL (he had given me professional the year earlier and it worked perfectly.) - he dropped off something that he said was 40x better, but left no instuctions ... so I added 9 ounces into my 600 gallon pond and INSTANTLY the fsuds started pouring down my water fall and now there is 3" of foam covering my pond.

The mystery liguid is brown in color ...
smells like Elmers glue and has the thinkness of soap.
I remember he said that is was an enzyme and was 40x better than the Microb-Lift. ... but and thinking that he is just mixing things and giving them to me.

Does anyone know what this mystery product might be?
(I have lost faith in the guy that gave it to me)
Is the foam or suds a result of adding too much porduct?
Is this normal to have this much suds?

thank you in advance for your thoughts and help.

Reaction score
Ok so this afternoon I found a dead bird in the skimmer and a dead fish floating in the foam! coincadence? or will there be more dead thinks in the pond?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Do not let anyone talk you into using chemicals in your pond! :wink: If it is set up right, no chemicals can do what mother nature does.

People are too quick to make coctails out of their ponds.

Ask a Question