adding bactieria and shutting down uv ?....

Reaction score
just added bacteiria into filters and from what I hear the uv should be shut off to let it colonize a bit , no fish in pond yet , planning on a few this weekend, how long should uv stay off ?

Reaction score
just added bacteiria into filters and from what I hear the uv should be shut off to let it colonize a bit , no fish in pond yet , planning on a few this weekend, how long should uv stay off ?

Reaction score
From what I understand - you must have fish to get the process started. There waste is an important part of the process. Nothing will happen without the fish.
But, yeah I did turn uv off for a day or two while the bacteria to colonize.

Reaction score
From what I understand - you must have fish to get the process started. There waste is an important part of the process. Nothing will happen without the fish.
But, yeah I did turn uv off for a day or two while the bacteria to colonize.

PS3

Reaction score
add the bacteiria go to the pet store and buy 20 large feeder gold fish
and turn off the uv for 48 hours or even 3 days if the water gets a little green
that will be fine because once u put the light back on the water will clear up agian but 3qtkidz is right

PS3

Reaction score
add the bacteiria go to the pet store and buy 20 large feeder gold fish
and turn off the uv for 48 hours or even 3 days if the water gets a little green
that will be fine because once u put the light back on the water will clear up agian but 3qtkidz is right

Ask a Question