Another questions...circulation!

Reaction score
Dr. Dave responded to my email on a pump...exactly how do you get really good circulation? My pump is on one end of the pond, my bio filter with waterfall is on the other. Is there something I should be doing?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Actually, in order to make sure you have no dead spots, experts reccommend a 2nd pump placed in a dead zone and it's output aimed to give maximum circulation. This is a great idea, because it provides a backup in case one pump fails.

Reaction score
I noticed the same problem and just as Dr. Dave suggested, I used smaller pumps to help circulate the water. In one spot I installed a small 350 gallon capacity biofilter with a fountain head. At another location, I built a mini-waterfall using a stack of four slate stones. The biggest stones went on the bottom and the smallest was on top. The stones backed against boulders that I had used to conceal the 1 1/2" PVC water pipe that connected the main pump to the primary filter.

Not only has the water circulation improved but I've also got a nice "stereo" effect from three separate water features.

Ask a Question