Blue Heron Cleaned Out My Pond Today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I live across the street from a pond that has blue herrings the white version of such and this birds that I looked up on wikipedia called anhinga. The anhinga is what attacked my fish. They have taken to making a nest in my yard in some pine trees very close to my pond every year. At first I thought they had wiped my pond out completely because I didn't see any fish for at least a week. It turns out quite a few made it but they must have been traumatized I guess netting depends on the size of your pond but I will tell you from my experience the larger the gap in the net the easier it is to see your fish. I really don't like looking at the net but I have too many birds flying over all the time. I even had a hawk make a couple passes to check out the situation the other day. Just be careful that it stays above the water so you don't actually net any of your fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear your loss and hope you can find something that works to keep him away .Sad when you loose fish after all that time .

Ask a Question