Blue Heron Netting arrived!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
2013-03-16_10-42-11_27_zps26ecfa99.jpg

Still working on how to mount it and keep it taught but its strong stuff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Carolyn22 said:
Tex

How many times have you been hit by the heron? I know they can empty a pond before you know it.
Once. And it was enough :( 8 fish gone. Including a 14 inch coy.

Reaction score
The first time we were hit, DH and I were in Boston at my younger brothers' wedding. The only thing was we did not know and interesting enough, my koi never acted like they had been scared or went into hiding. The second time DH was on the back porch and saw the heron before he did any damage. A clap of the hands did the job. The 3rd time was actually funny - DH and I were standing on the back deck and the heron came from the neighbors yard and was about to land. It was at that point where he saw us - you could see the look go across the heron's face - and he changed direction. Haven't had any issues with herons since, but I know they can clean out a pond quickly.

Good luck to you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I actually caught the one eating my fish but what happened next I shouldn't say.

the Netting is very nice. very strong but the holes are too large to keep the debris out if you don't have a skimmer.

Reaction score
I cannot imagine catching one eating my fish. I don't think I would be able to say what would happen next. Knock wood, we have been using the sprayer sensor with great luck. Luck is probably the key word there as we live between 2 rivers on a point.

Reaction score
We had a scare a few days ago... out of nowhere, for the first time ever, we had 6-7 seagulls sitting on our roof and front yard. They didnt mess with the pond, but I was sure having heart failure (and am not too shy to admit I was asking the kid where his airsoft/gas M4 was) ...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
capewind said:
We had a scare a few days ago... out of nowhere, for the first time ever, we had 6-7 seagulls sitting on our roof and front yard. They didnt mess with the pond, but I was sure having heart failure (and am not too shy to admit I was asking the kid where his airsoft/gas M4 was) ...

lol for scaring I need only reach for my 25 year old daisy BB gun. Enough to sting but not kill.

Then there's the CO2 rifle....

Reaction score
I think we are talking about the same thing ... this is the kiddie toy (note kid is 22) ... 30 round CO2 mag is not in the gun;-)

Attachments

• kiddietoys.jpg
    kiddietoys.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 301
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
capewind said:
I think we are talking about the same thing ... this is the kiddie toy (note kid is 22) ... 30 round CO2 mag is not in the gun;-)
lol very nice. Mine can only do 7 shots

Reaction score
I can only claim ownership of the child, and dont know squat about his "toy" other than it makes a lot of noise and fires off 30 shots in a hurry LOL.

Ask a Question