Can i get your opinion here

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Fish stores are rare in Ireland, especially Koi.
I seen some nice deals on a Irish local site. So I got in contact with them. I asked if they would send photos of their Sanke Koi, so I can circle the ones i want. They said no problem. Three days go by and no reply. Okay.. so I ask them whats up as I was really eager to buy.

Pet Store
10:20AM
Are you online?
I sent you a email 3 days ago.. ready to buy
But you won't respond

I don't know what kind of business you run.
Very unprofessional... and honestly.. annoyed waiting for endless reply.

His reply :
Hi Paul I normally don't reply to messages when I'm spending holiday time with my kids and follow up upon returning to work understandable.

My reply :
That's understandable.. How was i to known that? As I was just eager to buy and I get no reply, with no reason. What am I to think, I waited 3 days. I think my patience is enough. You have good selection for value. If you have Koi and willing to show I am interested.

Seriously never been so frustrated.. Never told me there will be a delay. Feck him....

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Oh my question is, this acceptable? I'm just sitting here waiting for reply.

I'm really pissed off lol

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
If this is a small business, it does not surprise me. I deal with other small businesses all the time that are unprofessional...that is why they remain a VERY small business. I would not write him off. You just may get some fine fish...but, that is up to you if you want to proceed. I know what you are feeling. Once I get a bad taste in my mouth, I prefer to not do business.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is just my opinion;
I don't think in the first message you should have been (well what I consider) rude anyway, if it was 3 days, send a simple reply saying "hey whats up?" and not "Where are the pictures?! this is so unprofessional"
I waited 4 days for a reply from Hydor and they are as large as a filter company gets for aquascapes and tanks.

For you I say: your messages sounded rude and it sounded like you were being (I know this sounds offensive) a jerk. if I were the seller, I wouldn't LIKE (but I would) to sell to someone with this attitude.

For him; next time I'd say alert the customer of what is going on, if this were a larger business I wouldn't do this but if it were local, the guy should have the time to send the text or email basically saying "hold on."

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
This is just my opinion;
I don't think in the first message you should have been (well what I consider) rude anyway, if it was 3 days, send a simple reply saying "hey whats up?" and not "Where are the pictures?

Yep I did that and was nothing but friendly, why I got frustrated. My intention was to sound rude, I thought I was getting played. A simple I won't be back to next week would of been simple reply.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh well, maybe you could have gotten some nice fish...maybe not. I just have to say if I was the small biz owner, I would not be in a hurry to do biz with you after your response. No offense intended....just my reading of this thread.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd say three days is nothing to be angry about. Three weeks would be another story. Many businesses take multiple days to reply.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yep I did that and was nothing but friendly, why I got frustrated. My intention was to sound rude, I thought I was getting played. A simple I won't be back to next week would of been simple reply.
Well if I were rude everytime I thought I was getting scammed I wouldn't own anything.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Of prime concern should be whether or not this obviously small business has the proper biosecurity measures in place. Entirely too easy to get infection carrying fish from a small operator.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Entirely too easy to get infection carrying fish from a small operator.
I must disagree, a comparison of this could be me myself, I am a small little "place" to get aquatic plants from. That are pest free and are live arrival guarantee. Small business is the home of cleanliness compared to commercial companies.
That is if that's what you meant, I may have misread your post.
I consider "Biosecurity" "being safe from disease"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Dutch, you may be an exception to the rule.
From my experience, once small operators become hard pressed to produce profits, they will cut corners and biosecurity or cleanliness will slip down the list of priorities in place of profit.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I must disagree, a comparison of this could be me myself, I am a small little "place" to get aquatic plants from. That are pest free and are live arrival guarantee. Small business is the home of cleanliness compared to commercial companies.
That is if that's what you meant, I may have misread your post.
I consider "Biosecurity" "being safe from disease"

I thought that we were talking about fish.

Ask a Question