changing the diet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I've been feeding "goldfish crisps", and they just love it. I made the switch today, to a pelletized Koi/Goldfish food.
The minnow hates it, and the goldfish may eat some, but they also seem to not like it. The crisps are kinda "fishy" smelling, while the crisps, are more like a cross between laying pellets, and dry dog food.
But then it wasn't feeding time yet. I only tossed a couple of pellets in to see how they'd take it. I'll give it another go, at feeding time.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have always been a believer in variety in any diet — I keep several types and brands of food on hand. And.....once you get an animal used to eating one particular food, it can be hard getting them to accept something different. In my experience with my other pets (cats, turtles, cockatiel.....), sometimes it takes a little while for them to adjust. Chances are they will start eating it, but you might try mixing a little bit of old food with new food.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Well, I'm out of their favorite food. gave them some pellets, and they would take them, and spit them out.
They kept doing that, until the skimmer got all the pellets. They then went and attacked the floating plants.
Upon closer investigation, I found that there are some kind of eggs attached to the roots of the floaters. And can only assume that the fish were eating those, and not the roots of the plants.

Ask a Question