sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what is the ammonia level .Do you keep you pump running 24/7 and do you have an aerator .Have you tested your water before you put it in your pond .It could be coming from the water source .What is the temp. of your pond water and is there built up stuff on the bottom of your pond .Do you run a uv .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
What is the brand or manufacture's name of the "antitoxins" i think it was sera
What is the brand or manufacture's name of the "stop algae"? evolution aqua

I found the Evolution Aqua to be "Stop Blanketweed" pond treatment which is citric acid: http://www.hse.gov.uk/biocides/copr/approvals/approvals0608.pdf

I found the Sera pond treatment to be: https://www.sera.de/en/products/in_...behandeln-5272/product/sera-pond-omnipur.html

Are these the products that you added, Rayscasa?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10 a
Country
Spain
I found the Evolution Aqua to be "Stop Blanketweed" pond treatment which is citric acid: http://www.hse.gov.uk/biocides/copr/approvals/approvals0608.pdf

I found the Sera pond treatment to be: https://www.sera.de/en/products/in_...behandeln-5272/product/sera-pond-omnipur.html

yes they were but they were like this before i added anything
sera pond toxivec
help for all ponds

• Immediately removes acutely ichthyotoxic ammonia and nitrite
  • Binds harmful heavy metals such as lead and copper
  • Removes chlorine and chloramines
  • Prevents high nitrate levels and, correspondingly, algae growth
  • Protects the mucous membrane of fish
  • Supports and accelerates the formation of a biological equilibrium

Quick reaction is required if sudden and massive pollution peaks by toxic substances occur due to de-stabilizing factors. sera pond toxivec is the effective, safe pollutant remover with immediate effect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10 a
Country
Spain

yes they were but they were like this before i added anyth
what is the ammonia level .Do you keep you pump running 24/7 and do you have an aerator .Have you tested your water before you put it in your pond .It could be coming from the water source .What is the temp. of your pond water and is there built up stuff on the bottom of your pond .Do you run a uv .
have lost a total 5 fish in the last two weeks a big one to day and looks like another on its way
see photo s below on left is tap water
right is pool water with a swimming pool tester is the same
pond is aprox 4.0 mts x 4,0 mts x .800 mts deep concrete pool above ground with nexus easy pod filter and a home made pre filter with uv light have 3 airstones going
air temp 50f 10 c
pool temperaure is 53f 13c
i have just done a strip test from OASE
nitrat 25
nitrit 0
gh 21d
kh 7
ph wert 7.4
ch 0
the pump is running 24/7 and there is no build up at the bottom i do have a skimmer and a bottom drain and a uv light and 3 airstones and no never tested the water before the pond has been running since june 2015

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
There is no reason to add salt to your pond at this point.

When did you first fill your pond with water and how soon after that did you add the fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Your pond was stocked with fish too early, but it should be fully cycled by now.
I would buy an ammonia test kit and test the ammonia level.
Get liquid drop test kit instead of the test strips. Liquid test kits are more accurate.
The algae that was growing was actually helping improve the water quality, depending on how much algae you had.
Could you post a picture of your pond?
What is your water change routine?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You should have waited to add fish and the second set of fish should have been quarantined .They can carry diseases into the pond .Did the problem start after you added the second set of fish .Even plants should be quarantined

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You should have waited to add fish and the second set of fish should have been quarantined .They can carry diseases into the pond .Did the problem start after you added the second set of fish .Even plants should be quarantined

That's a good point sissy.
I so rarely add fish that I forget about quarantine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Never added fish myself but I do quarantine plants and clean the roots and repot them .It is better to be safe than sorry .That is why even the baby fish I take out of the pond to be given away get put in a stock tank with a UV running just to make sure they are as healthy as I can keep them .But I make sure to tell people to quarantine them ,not sure they listen .Everything you put in your pond has some kind of effect on it .Fish are depending on you to keep them safe .

Ask a Question