Complete newbie from Aus

Reaction score
Hi All,
Firstly a little background about myself. The names John, I live in Wallan Victoria Australia (about 40 - 50 minutes north of Melbourne CBD). I'm 28yrs old, I work as an Inventory Control Manager and have been with the same company going on 6 years. I'm Married with no kids. Moved into a newly contructed home about 6 months ago so i have a blank slate to work with. Oh and I'm a complete newbie when it comes to ponds and Koi, but i like to read and learn.

Anyways thats enough about me now to ask questions and learn.

Cheers
John

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
:regular_waving_emotWELCOME JOHN, youve come to the right place...lots of knowledge here and were all willing to help!:regular_waving_emot

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomecrowd.gif
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome to the group! glad you joined

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi John! Welcome. Sorry about the bad weather your country is having now. If you are thinking about under 1000 gallons then I would recommend goldfish. They won't bio over load your pond as fast as koi and generally are hardier and can withstand greater varieties of PH.

Reaction score
CometKeith said:
Hi John! Welcome. Sorry about the bad weather your country is having now. If you are thinking about under 1000 gallons then I would recommend goldfish. They won't bio over load your pond as fast as koi and generally are hardier and can withstand greater varieties of PH.

Thanks,
1000 gal = 3785.41 liters, the pond I'm looking at building is approx 9000 liters = 2377.55 gal or there abouts.

Ask a Question