Cutting....er, sawing corners.....(LOL!)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
honestly I still cannot pronounce that word right... I say it "sew" and it's actually more like "sow" (or the other way around?) and my husband got a kick out of me trying to say it all the time...

I've heard "sawr" used, but never "sew" or "sow."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've heard "sawr" used, but never "sew" or "sow."
Dont know... the 'a' can sound differently in the each word.. like 'Sarah.. in the US people say is "Sae-rah" but in many Asian countries it's "Sa-rah". I have people at work with the name "Sarah" with both way of saying it and I always mixed them up.

I have only slight accent (people asked if I've been to the UK, I said no, but I might have a US southern accent lol) but I still struggle with some words

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought of a great excuse if it breaks whilst your cutting all this clay ......
You could say that you were cutting a Mississippi Mud pie when it went its not telling lies is it jut a play on words Clay = Mud and Corner = Pie who knows they might even give you a new one to play with Maggie :LOL:

Dave

Ask a Question