DC powered pumps?

dustboy

Nattering Nabob
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I'm thinking about running my pond project off solar, I have a 190W panel, charge controller and 2x6V golf cart batteries leftover from another project. I can't seem to find a suitable pump (>1000 GPH) that runs on DC. Anyone find a good source?

I could run a conventional pump on an AC inverter, but that's adding at least a 20% loss in efficiency.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@dustboy I’m confused because you apparently haven’t come up yet with a plan for your pond project, so how do you know what kind of specs you’re going to require, how much power, etc? Your pond is 25’x25’x18”. Have you calculated the size pump you’re going to need to get an adequate water turnover rate for this size pond? And since this is not going to be a lined pond, keep in mind that you’ll need a pump that can handle the debris from all the soil, sand, etc. Basically, it sounds like you are going to be pumping dirty water into a bog......so I’m still confused.....as to how a bog is going to be helpful in this situation.... Just curious.....

Ask a Question