Dead Bioforce Revolution 6000 filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve been filtering my 5000l garden pond with a Hozelock Bioforce Revolution 6000 filer and Aquaforce 4000 pump for last 4 years. Last week system developed an electrical fault continually tripping RCD. Looked at filter and no power now reaching UV light sockets, but I can’t see how to dismantle unit to look at wiring. Is there a fuse inside the unit that can blow? And how do I access the wiring? It’s not tripping RCD now but neither is pump!

Thanks your help.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefroggy9.gif
@Priory99
I stay away from electricity due to wanting my house to remain standing. It's right near the pond. I don't know anything about your pump or filter but someone here prolly does.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks both for your advice. This is a common pressurised filter in the UK and usually reliable. The user manual doesn't give any info on the electrical unit and obviously prefers you to buy a new unit - not very economical or ecological!
I'm confident re. the electrics, I just want to know how to get at the wiring without compromising the integrity of the unit.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks both for your advice. This is a common pressurised filter in the UK and usually reliable. The user manual doesn't give any info on the electrical unit and obviously prefers you to buy a new unit - not very economical or ecological!
I'm confident re. the electrics, I just want to know how to get at the wiring without compromising the integrity of the unit.
I think appliances like this are designed so that it isn’t intended for the user to ever mess with the insides — it’s for safety.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1st thing if you have the pump and UV lamp on separate supplies disconnect one and see if the RCD trips. You have to isolate it completely meaning switching it off is not enough. Live neutral and earth need to be isolated.
With all due respect if you don't follow what i've said then find an electrician that has a Megger tester.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, did you manage to find out how to open the bioforce 6000 head unit? I am facing the same issue. Thanks, S.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Look at the top of the filter you will see a round dome which houses the UV lamp. There are 5 screws on the circumference of the dome. Undo these and lift it off to reveal the UV unit.
TBH unless you have electrical skills I would leave well alone. If you feel confident then isolate the UV from the pump supply (all 3 wires, Live Neutral and Earth). The try each each on their own to eliminate. It's more likely to be the pump and a megger tester will confirm this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, did you manage to find out how to open the bioforce 6000 head unit? I am facing the same issue. Thanks, S.
I removed UV, as explained in previous post and determined a short in the pump. The pump has a 5 year guarantee and I was just inside that. I bought from Gardening Direct and they were brilliant. I returned pump to them to look at and they supplied a new one.

Ask a Question