Driftwood

Reaction score
Found a really neat piece of driftwood, but it was huge. Took the bow saw and it took a lot longer to saw it than we thought, you can see the look on my face....

immigra1009_zps1c103ad7.jpg

I sawed, Bette sawed and we finally got it. I'll post what it looks like varnished later....

immigra1013_zpsdd0be657.jpg

Had to remove the bamboo strut, it was too top heavy. But it works, will look a lot better in the yard with the cord hidden...

immigra1015_zps5f53760c.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy you had fun let's face it even w/ your mad face on how can you be unhappy there :cheerful:
I like the pot and bowl fishy better too w/o the bamboo and yes it will look great in the garden. Do you have Hummingbirds there cuz I hear they love to drink from running water things like that.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love driftwood, wish we had some neat ones here. Good find there

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We stayed in a ski condo a few years ago where the owners used a piece of found driftwood for a unique headboard. It was pretty massive!

Reaction score
In the meantime, more washes up, waiting to be harvested. I have learned not to stress it, it will be there tomorrow. I found another today and began sawing...

dosequis002_zps8d5f5720.jpg

It will take time, but with effort and love, this piece of wood will become a small piece of our garden. The sawing is the hard part....

dosequis003_zps5a4f58c5.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are gonna be one heck of a muscle man doing all that log sawing by hand! How about a chain saw?

Ask a Question