End of season summary and some visitors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Had to blow the first batch of leaves out of the yard yesterday, so that makes it officially fall in my book. The net is working as expected - one end, where my swing is, is still uncovered so the hummers can still flit about. They frequently stop to inspect me and it's so fun. Turns out my fish were productive this year - I've seen one actual little Shubbie and a few black goldfish types. It was a banner year for water hyacinths - rarely a bloom but I've thrown buckets of them into the compost. All from one plant. Now that most of the tadpoles in the bog have matured, I planted my "bog in a bog" carnivorous sections. They've been so interesting and apparently do quite well here, so they earned permanent locations. I got a snap of one of the froglets emerging below - never knew they'd be quite that small. Perhaps it's a descendent of the Pickerel frog that hangs around. The little owlet that was raised nearby seems to have stayed in the area and still pops by once in a while. She's still just beautiful 🦉and apparently still likes to hunt here. The camera clips are just a bonus for fun:
20230916_192000.jpg
20230912_170412.jpg
20230907_181841.jpg
P1070587.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was just talking to someone who wanted me to build them a pond all but the money had been exchanged . That is untill they asked about what kinda wildlife might show up. When they heard everything might stop by for a drink or a Meal. They then got cold feet as bears are in theire area. As are bobcat.

Ask a Question