Fish and pond groups on FaceBook never cease to amaze....! Hopefully the size is a mistake!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I subscribe to a few ”pond” groups on FB. I just saw this post! All I can say is that I hope the OP made a mistake when quoting the gallonage — like, left out a zero or 2. And, doesn’t it seem like she would have figured this out BEFORE having a pond with 6-16” koi and 8-8” GF? My, oh my!

DD884E99-7D29-4DE3-9526-4FAD03FED469.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's what? like 2.5m length 2m width? at that depth to give 500 gallons. Imagine trying to fit 6 koi and 8 gf at those sizes in that space o_O

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I suspect/hope that the OP misquoted the size of her pond, but I think what bothered me the most was that people were actually giving her advice on filtration! There were only about 3/12 who commented that the size was inappropriate. Forget water quality, but in Florida her poor fish are going to fry in 18” of water.

Here is her answer, and she posted a video — poor fish can barely move, but she says her fish are doing well.

6844BADB-435E-43DF-B6EE-223F172109AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I wish everyone would delete fb and Twitter show those Twitter who has the power
Exactly what I was thinking.
I know we're not supposed to get political here...but is this political? I can't fathom why people still use those social media platforms. These politically biased monopolies have too much power. It's time to show them how capitalism works.
Sorry if this seems political, but they are the ones being political by blocking people who disagree with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I suspect/hope that the OP misquoted the size of her pond, but I think what bothered me the most was that people were actually giving her advice on filtration! There were only about 3/12 who commented that the size was inappropriate. Forget water quality, but in Florida her poor fish are going to fry in 18” of water.

Here is her answer, and she posted a video — poor fish can barely move, but she says her fish are doing well.

View attachment 136165
Hope she stays away from this group, LOL!

View attachment 136164
If she came here, we would attempt to help her fish. But, it looks to me that she is a bit stubborn. She states she's getting "too much friction". Sometimes the truth can hurt.
No one can help her if she blatantly won't listen.
Those poor fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Exactly what I was thinking.
I know we're not supposed to get political here...but is this political? I can't fathom why people still use those social media platforms. These politically biased monopolies have too much power. It's time to show them how capitalism works.
Sorry if this seems political, but they are the ones being political by blocking people who disagree with them.
I wonder if there's enough 'sense' to support any sort of revolution, though. Maybe with $$ as ammo...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I HAVE A POST waiting in the loft about a report from Sunday from Steve Hilton and the who what and where's of covid and GOOGLE has already removed the video. We are at war people make no buts about it. Wake up .... I ATE A WHOLE BAG OF SNIKERS all all it did was make me like a doodle cute and cuddly but i still might bite

Ask a Question