ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I've notices that it keeps switching back and forth from the full version and the mobile version when using my iPod. Is this a problem with my safari or is it the site? I like the mobile version. Much easier to use.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've notices that it keeps switching back and forth from the full version and the mobile version when using my iPod. Is this a problem with my safari or is it the site? I like the mobile version. Much easier to use.

I'll see what I can do to fix that - I may need to disable the mobile version for now, but there's an "app" coming out soon which has some better functionality on android/apple devices (allows image posting and is faster). :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ian you have done great! love the new way it works, with photos, searches, the forum etc. A small learning curve, but not bad at all!

Great job! Thanks

btw view new content seems messed up this am, keeps showing there is none.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
Nice upgrade Ian...............btw any chance we can get some games?You know between feedin the fish,I like to play a game or two,or 10

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice upgrade Ian...............btw any chance we can get some games?You know between feedin the fish,I like to play a game or two,or 10

I'm not sure about adding games to GPF, as it would take the focus away from the main topics - although I'll have a little think on it and see what the possibilities are!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hey Ian, what about a pond of the month poll? The winner could have his or her pond posted at the top of the page or on the home page?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Ian, what about a pond of the month poll? The winner could have his or her pond posted at the top of the page or on the home page?

Hmm, now that could be interesting... or perhaps a pic of the month? I'm awaiting the release of a new version of a plugin for the forum software which would allow something just like that - I'll add this to my list too.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
yea, Pic of the month would probably be better. It would be a neat add and allow everyone to participate in voting for the best pic.

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say that I still love the new changes, but also noticed that the version on my phone kept changing from reg to mobile versions, and have had the reg version on my iPhone for a few days now. Im assuming the mobile versionhas been turned off like you said might happen? The blue mobile vetsion was MUCH easier to navigate with my iPhone, but I understand if that version won't be available... I just seem to access the forums more via my phone than via an actual computer and thought I'd mention it.

*eagerly awaiting the app tho, LOL*

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to chime in and say that I still love the new changes, but also noticed that the version on my phone kept changing from reg to mobile versions, and have had the reg version on my iPhone for a few days now. Im assuming the mobile versionhas been turned off like you said might happen? The blue mobile vetsion was MUCH easier to navigate with my iPhone, but I understand if that version won't be available... I just seem to access the forums more via my phone than via an actual computer and thought I'd mention it.

*eagerly awaiting the app tho, LOL*

Yep it's disabled for now because of those problems, but the mobile app is in the pipeline :D

Ask a Question