Goodbye old pond!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well, we are going to start digging this afternoon. I removed the "ring of rocks", waterfall, and filtration today. My husband is going to call me when he leaves work and I am going to drain the pond, remove the lillies and the fish.

Attachments

• DSC00794.jpg
    DSC00794.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC00795.jpg
    DSC00795.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 277
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yes, bigger and deeper. I am also going to use a better filtration system. We put this pond in several years ago and I didn't really plan it out very well.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We all do our first one and by the time you are too old to build a pond, you are still learning lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
We've never had much problems with stuff falling off the roof, it's that lady banks rose that grows on the trellis that makes the mess!!! I drained the pond this afternoon and caught all the fish. They are safely (I hope) in a large trash can, preformed liner and an old wash bucket and submersible pumps. I covered them with mesh and held that down with bricks, hope the koi don't decide to jump. The goldfish are eating like nothing is wrong. They are much larger than they appear in the pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The lady banks rose are so pretty. Have fun lol

Ask a Question