Hand sprayer?

Reaction score
I got the idea that a hand sprayer might be a useful piece of pond gear. The idea would be to fill it with pond water and use it to clean my filter and water the garden. Ideally it would be able to produce both a jet for cleaning and a spray for watering.

Good idea/bad idea? Is anyone using one they would recommend?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not a bad idea, but the good stuff is all the muck and gunk. It will clog the sprayer. It would be fine for using some of the pond water during water changes. Be careful and mark it boldly, NO CHEMICALS! POND USE ONLY! I do like the idea for cleaning japanese/Matala matting.

Muck and gunk stuff I have run into a old fashion watering can, It's better than miracle grow.

Reaction score
I tried a 2 gallon hand sprayer, but it just isn't powerful enough. Cleaning the filter by hand in a bucket filled with pond water works fine, and the watering can is much quicker than the sprayer. Maybe I'll investigate a pump/garden hose combo one of these days.

The experiment isn't a complete loss, though. I picked up a smaller spray I'll be using to spray vinegar on the weeds between my patio stones. The vinegar does a nice job of keeping weeds at bay, but using a spray bottle was a serious pain.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use a pump (wayne) that you can screw any normal hose to, then plug the pump in and spray away. I use it to clean my filter out every few months when the strapping gets really mucky. The only down side is I can't put it in the bottom where all the good muck is because the electrical cord would be too close to the water and I don't wish to fry any fish or myself.

Ask a Question