HELP! How to instantly euthanize snakes in pond

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
UPDATE - NO SNAKES FOUND.

ote: The presence of snakes has yet to be confirmed.

I think our pond may have become the home to snakes. My neighbor just told me he saw two, possibly three large snakes travel from his yard through our rear of pond bushes directly toward our pond. His description somewhat matchs that of poisonous water moccasins. If there are snake(s) in and or living in our pond do you know how the snakes can be instantly euthanized?

With such a dire situation my neighbors have been alerted and no one is going close to the pond until Desoto Animal control arrives.

Please reply ASAP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Good grief! Forget my offer to jump in @Big Lou !

I know nothing about eliminating snakes, but I will be waiting to hear the assistance you get from animal control. My first thought "electrocute them!" But that's probably a bit rash!

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
UPDATE - Since Animal Control is closed for the day, with ax in hand I examined the pond and area. No snakes. Either my neighbor saw snakes and they went elsewhere or he is continuing his efforts to have us close the pond. Btw, the last snake I found was 4 years ago, a > 3' black snake. Even longer ago I did find a a long length of shedded skin under the water.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Snakes WILL use water to help them shed a skin. To the best of my knowledge, though, no-one has ever been fatally bitten by a cast-off skin. ;)
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lou, I'll loan you the use of my Speckled King snake.....but I don't know where it is at present. It wasn't where I left it this morning. Here's the thread I posted.

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/visitor-to-the-backyard-and-turtle-habitat.17263/

With all the recent rain and flooding, I'm sure there are a lot of dis-placed critters out there. Just watch where you walk and use a long stick or something to probe before you stick your hand somewhere in the garden/pond area!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I can't believe your neighbor doesn't like your pond :( Why in the world would they care - ugh.

Ask a Question