Help! Sick Bubble Eyed Goldfish :(

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,
So I just recently purchased a bubble eyed goldfish from my local pet store on the 11th (today is the 13th), and when I checked on the tank this afternoon I noticed he had what almost looked like a pimple near his tail fin. I have been looking all over the internet trying to find a disease that matches with his symptoms, but I have had no luck. He is still eating regularly, still swimming around with lots of energy, and is pooping regularly; so in other words he looks completely healthy except this white bump on him. If you could please help me figure out what is going on, I would be very grateful. :)
IMG_1742.JPG
IMG_1742.JPG
IMG_1741.JPG

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We need this information to further your problem please;
Tank size:
Inhabitants:
Ammonia levels:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
Cycled?

Rock

Tillandsia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Looks like Fish lice to me..
should see closer
Fish lice can be removed with tweezers, or medication (organophosphate) .

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Cheyenne I don't think it's a fish louse. The area is very inflamed (reddened) and swollen, or at least it appears so in your pictures. You said it looks like a pimple, and it does, but a pimple that is possibly infected. Can you take it back to the store? If you've only had it 2 days, then I suspect it had this when you bought the fish.

I don't know what kind of treatment advice to give you.....sorry. And I know you've gotten attached to it.

BTW, I think it's a Celestial Eye. See how the eyes are facing upward?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
That's a bubble eye. Some of the bubble eyes got very small bubbles that they almost look like celestial.

Ask a Question