How do you "clean out" your bog, using the installed clean-out pipes?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I guess this is a dumb question......for some reason I'm thinking the answer should be obvious.

I installed 2 clean-out pipes, one on either end of my small [turtle] bog. What do I do with them? All I can think of is attach the Shop Vac and suck out any accumulated crud.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My clean out pipes are at the opposite end from the supply end. I uncap the pipes and start the pump up. The water will shoot every thing out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We don't have a clean out on our bog. We have a vault and manifold installed in the bog that we can use to drop a pump down and pump it out if we need to.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I also have a 6" pvc pipe installed in mine just off the bottom so I can drop a small pump in if I decide to completely drain the bog.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't clean it, have not in the 5 years it has been running. Still working as planned.

Ask a Question