How to keep light weight large stones not to fall.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
View attachment 79103 Along the steepest portion of the pond I have trouble keeping light to medium weight large punish stones (avg 1.5' across x 2' high x 1' thick) upright. I've always used some type of wedging method or base stone. Because of the steep bank slopes at the bottom there are occasional failures. Hope you can help out with ideas.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
attachment say error lou .Would the spray foam in a can keep them upright and then you can color the foam to hide it

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
View attachment 79103 Along the steepest portion of the pond I have trouble keeping light to medium weight large punish stones (avg 1.5' across x 2' high x 1' thick) upright. I've always used some type of wedging method or base stone. Because of the steep bank slopes at the bottom there are occasional failures. Hope you can help out with ideas.
Hard to comment without the picture, but are these pumice rock? If so, use a heavier stone.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I just put lightweight rocks under my waterfall using a modified sissy sock. I used black screen and sewed a few pockets in making sure they lie below the water level then I am able to put rocks into the pouches. It works wonderfully! I hope this helps!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm not familiar with those. I wanted something very low profile that would just hang below the water surface and it had to have small pockets for the size of rocks I was planning on using. I would say have at it and see what happens!!

Ask a Question