Howdy from Texas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I figured it's time I make an introduction thread here since it might seem odd that I join a garden pond forum only to post in the Wordle thread. :unsure:

Anyways, my name is Mike. I'm from a little podunk town in north Texas, USA, near Wichita Falls. I'm into just about anything that can be done outdoors and also love building, and maintaining, websites (forums in particular). I actually joined this site because I found out it was for sale and was considering purchasing it from Ian. Obviously that didn't happen, but the new owner (@Shaggy) just so happens to be a friend of mine. So, since he did end up acquiring the site, I continued checking in. I found that Wordle thread...had never heard of the game before and loved it...and here we are.

As far as garden ponds are concerned, my parents had one when I was a kid. It was very small but had a little waterfall, some water lilies growing in it, and some colorful goldfish. I used to love that thing but, while I would love to have one in my backyard now, I simply don't have time right now to take care of one on my own. Maybe once the youngest is out of the house in a few years but right now a lot of my free time is spent following high school athletic buses around the state. :ROFLMAO:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
cat pulls.gif
@Mike121
The cat is outta the bag now! I was wondering about the forum being up for sale back when Ian posted he was going to be too busy. Now we know! Oh well hope things don't change too much around here. Enjoy your wordy game!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh well hope things don't change too much around here.
Nah, there won't be any major changes. Maybe an update here and there when the software developers put out updates, but I don't foresee any major changes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I figured it's time I make an introduction thread here since it might seem odd that I join a garden pond forum only to post in the Wordle thread. :unsure:

Anyways, my name is Mike. I'm from a little podunk town in north Texas, USA, near Wichita Falls. I'm into just about anything that can be done outdoors and also love building, and maintaining, websites (forums in particular). I actually joined this site because I found out it was for sale and was considering purchasing it from Ian. Obviously that didn't happen, but the new owner (@Shaggy) just so happens to be a friend of mine. So, since he did end up acquiring the site, I continued checking in. I found that Wordle thread...had never heard of the game before and loved it...and here we are.

As far as garden ponds are concerned, my parents had one when I was a kid. It was very small but had a little waterfall, some water lilies growing in it, and some colorful goldfish. I used to love that thing but, while I would love to have one in my backyard now, I simply don't have time right now to take care of one on my own. Maybe once the youngest is out of the house in a few years but right now a lot of my free time is spent following high school athletic buses around the state. :ROFLMAO:
I have traveled the country for over a decade and found a very inexpensive yet very entertaining activity was to go to High school athletic sports events with my camera gear " professional grade" and i would watch the games and maybe take some shots and place them on a web page for the kids and parents. It became a cheap night out while in a town where you know no one.

Kids are great they play the sports for the LOVE OF THE GAME. not for the money not for the press or their own ego "so much anyways" you'll never see a double reversal on a pro team. Some of the plays can be a absolute riot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

Welcome Mike. As long as you like fishies and wordle you're okay in my book ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if your curdle wordle your on probation...

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Hi Mike! Amazingly enough, I've actually been to Wichita Texas! Must be something like 50 or so years ago, when I was a kid, but I remember the landscape and the song of redwinged blackbirds in the cat-tail rushes.

If you don't have time for a pond, I bet you could build a pondless waterfall, just to have some water in your life (along with Wordle).

Cheers!

-Yael from Israel

Ask a Question