How's this for a guarantee....your fish will change color in 15 days

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
On a FB (pond-related group), someone (a business, not a private person) was advertising some goldfish for sale. Curious, I went to their retail site. They had some really pretty solid black goldfish for sale ($$$). So, I asked if the fish were guaranteed to stay black. They answered back: "All of our fish are guaranteed for 14 days."

Say what? I almost (almost) shot back a sarcastic reply, but decided to be nice. :rolleyes:

So, I guess what she was saying is that the fish will :eek:change color on day 15....from solid black to ?????

Then that $$$ GF becomes a .50 cent GF? LMAO:ROFLMAO::LOL::hilarious:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lol but I didnt read the same way you do :)

I read that they only guaranteed the health (and probably didn't have color guarantee but throw that in too since no better answer for your question) from arrival that they will be healthy. And if they die in 14 days they will refund/change/what ever they promised they would do. So since you asked about color, the guarantee turn into, if the color change in that 14 days period, they will refund/change/what ever they promised they would do.

I dont know, that's my understanding of other places guarantee.. i might be wrong all these years....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Lol but I didnt read the same way you do :)

I read that they only guaranteed the health (and probably didn't have color guarantee but throw that in too since no better answer for your question) from arrival that they will be healthy. And if they die in 14 days they will refund/change/what ever they promised they would do. So since you asked about color, the guarantee turn into, if the color change in that 14 days period, they will refund/change/what ever they promised they would do.

I dont know, that's my understanding of other places guarantee.. i might be wrong all these years....
I was being facetious -- they didn't actually answer the question that I asked, but gave a pat answer.

No, you are exactly correct, and that's how I read it, too. BUT, instead of that answer, they could have answered my question with a "yes, these fish will always stay black," or "to the best of our knowledge......" or "no, we can't guarantee the color won't change," or "the only thing we can guarantee is the health of the fish....."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was being facetious -- they didn't actually answer the question that I asked, but gave a pat answer.

No, you are exactly correct, and that's how I read it, too. BUT, instead of that answer, they could have answered my question with a "yes, these fish will always stay black," or "to the best of our knowledge......" or "no, we can't guarantee the color won't change," or "the only thing we can guarantee is the health of the fish....."
oh :p

Ask a Question