I poisoned my fish!

Reaction score
It is heartbreaking to lose fish, especially when it's something we did. I've been there and know how you feel. Like JW said, we learn from our mistakes. Best of luck with your fish:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You were extremely lucky there I have a friend in Kent who's neighbour through spraying lost all his koi it was an accident like your own however I took a leasson from what happened to Dave and we banned any chemical/insecticdes etc from around the pond .
There are some great oldfashioned Victorian tips you could use instead like using washing up liquid to rid your plants of aphids etc

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They sell a brand called safer products here that kill pests and is safe for humans and pets and that is all i use .In the back yard just before it rains I use dish washing detergent to rid the yard of ticks and fleas and I also use 20 mule team borax that you wash clothes in for ants .Much safer and the safe brand product is sold at lowes ,home depot and walmart .If you have city water and add a lot of new water it must be treated .UI have even seen the suggest it for some well water as it can contain some heavy metals or in my case it contains iron .I have 2 filters that get as much as possible out of my water .

Ask a Question