I think my pond shrank..... :(

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Oh I hope not! That happened to my friend that is doing the fishless cycle on his pond right now. His first liner the chipmunks got in and chewed about 20 holes in one end of the roll. When he opened the liner to get ready to install it looked like swiss cheese. That held him back about four months of his build saving up enough money to order a replacement 30'x25' liner.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yea! The liner is going to fit! Here's a thread I just started:
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/good-news-liner-is-ok.15283/

@fishin4cars So far, so good! We took out a cinderblock ledge in one end, reconfiguring that space, then I dug out that soil, which deepens the area by 8". I ran the numbers, and it comes out to a volume increase of 350+ gallons. That will bring me back up [almost] to my 3000 gallons. The liner will just make it with plenty for the berm! And it seems that the rodents left the liner alone -- thank goodness!

Oh, and we were starting to run out of soil to use on the berm....until I dug this out :)

Ask a Question