ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Question Number 1: I am most likely going to make a pond with a liner, but I read something about a cement "pond ring." Is it nessesary for liner ponds?

Question Number 2: Those of you with electric filters(is there any other kind of filter?), How do you power them? Do you put in a new line of electricity or just use a waterproof extention cord?

Question Number 3: I plan to have a BIG pond, and I was wondering if it was possible to have three small filters instead of one large filter, because I need atleast three drains and three fountains/waterfalls to circulat the water fully. And, i figure, if one of the filters crashes, I still have two filters circulating part of the pond.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You dont have to make the ring..But when you do and keep it level all the way around it helps to keep out low spots that may form,,, my ring is about a ft wide and 2" to 3" thick
I just ran power out to were i needed it.
3 filters will work fine,if its a big pond dont make them to small.
Only got koi

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Its not very thick and would come out with a little work.
If you thought you will be changing part of it score it ,while it is still soft.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
i have always made a solid ring to keep things from shifting, i use mortar it is real smooth...and if i have to build up a edge ,i will make a small brick wall.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Yes i do ... just keep every thing level and it will work out

Reaction score
Heres the ring around my pond

100_0162.jpg

Robyn

A Ponder-ing Newbie
Reaction score
Big! LOL

Mine (around 13,000 gallons from what I have been told) came with a 9.0 cu foot bead filter. I would love to tell you all about it... but I have no knowledge on these puppies. LOL

I CAN say that it does a good job and was picked by a professional that did koi ponds for a living.

Ask a Question