Just met Greg Wittstock where he informed me I was chosen as his Dyi for 2023 winner/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The Man is as nice in person as he appears online.

Very humbling being chosen by the king of ponds as the Aquascapes Dyi pond of the year.

Now the delema do I stop building a nibble away on the winning with food and a replacement pump some more lights.
Or do I add on and turn this Mercedes into a Bently

Either way very humbling. Especially when I asked what he would have done differently with my pond and he said he would use larger pots for my lilies. Now there is a compliment and a half.I

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
The Man is as nice in person as he appears online.

Very humbling being chosen by the king of ponds as the Aquascapes Dyi pond of the year.

Now the delema do I stop building a nibble away on the winning with food and a replacement pump some more lights.
Or do I add on and turn this Mercedes into a Bently

Either way very humbling. Especially when I asked what he would have done differently with my pond and he said he would use larger pots for my lilies. Now there is a compliment and a half.I

Congrats and well deserved. Your pond is truly gorgeous and I have enjoyed watching you tinker and improve, all the while, helping people here in the Forum figure out how to improve their ponds. Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congrats and well deserved. Your pond is truly gorgeous and I have enjoyed watching you tinker and improve, all the while, helping people here in the Forum figure out how to improve their ponds. Thanks!
Thank you.
Helping others here is close to doing it again. Without the labor part.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah, Greg's a good guy. And your pond is definitely something to be proud of! A winner in more than one 'book'. ;)
Thanks
It's hard to believe, I am proud of what I've built . Always was in what ever I was building, drawing, doing.
But there are so many beautiful ponds out there. And to be chosen by a pro who's seen more ponds than anyone alive. Feels pretty good.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It made me so happy to watch you get the recognition you deserve. I loved the extra views of your pond. Amazing.

I agree with you that there is a special relaxation that comes from pond staring, and taking care of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!! After all our group interaction on this forum, I feel like you are a relative and it is just SO EXCITING!!!!!! Super cool that you got to meet Greg and holy moly -- what a great award! You totally deserve it!!!! Congratulations and I can't wait to watch the video!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @bagsmom it was beyond a stressful day at midnight we had a very violent thunder storm. Some plants did do so well. The impatience and monkey fist real got matted down. Then a second storm came rolling through an hour before Greg was to land at the airport.
Then of course the delays with the airline his time was already limited so the 1 delay in flights was a rough pill to swallow. I have to give Greg credit my driving can be a bit aggressive put me on a mission and even more so. He never flinched. Made a comment a but latter but all and all it was a great afternoon.

I understand the excitement I felt similar for your self after three years I think it was listening to you dream of getting your pond built and when you final broke out the shovels I was very happy for you. It has turned out beautifully.

Ask a Question