Koi theft in Plymouth

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I just got the heads up from our club PRO that the koi thief's are at it again in Plymouth :MAD: the last time these idiots where on the prol ws back in 2012 when they stole thousands of ponds worth of koi from a company called Maidenhead Aquatics up from us in Crowlhill Forts garden centre complex back then on the KKU website I ran we had a dedicated koi theft thread which put the word out for the rest of us to be careful .
This theft was of a Sanke grom its owners QT holding tank, we know it wasn't a Heron that took it as the QT tank was netted and you could apparently see the scuff marks on the bottom of the tank where they had had a number of try's at catching it before they succeeded in doing so.
So at the moment all koi keepers here are on high alert watching their own koi like hawks , the police apparently have been informed but they didnt catch the last lot so I doubt the culprits will be caugt this time either .
They apparently walked into his back garden and stole it :(

Dave

Reaction score
Wow, I thought of putting up trail cameras by my pond just to see what comes up. We put them out in the wood up north on the deer trails and fields. They snap a pic when motion is detected and are night time capable! They do not flash but will make a shutter noise as many animals are staring right at the camera in the picture! I am rumbling around in my head about setting up a video system that I can watch via my computer 24/7. I just need to present it to my hubby as yet another pond item. That one may take a while.

I sure hope someone can catch the robbers with video. That would deter future issues, but I suppose they will figure ways around the video also. Guard dogs, like in the junk yards!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave,

sorry to hear that - some people will steal anything. I guess Koi aren't exactly top of the police's priority list. Chris
They hit
Hi CeejayH sadly they think them expensive goldfish my friend :(
How far away from Plymouth are you as we are holding our 23rd annual closed show this year see events thread(y)
As to ko thefts Maidenhead aquatics here in Plymouth was hit twice in two weeks in 2012 loosing hundereds of koi they never resurfaced from what weve heard :(

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dave,
Pershore is in sunny, inland Worcestershire, about 3 hours drive away. I hope the show goes well. Will the heatwave cause problems?
Chris

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No I dont think so Chris weve had them before my pond is at 18c at the moment , fancy a drive down to visit us we have folks come down from Wales and other places it'd be nice to meet new faces .
Weve got twelve vats of the finest koi in the Southwest :cool: (y)

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Dave,
thanks for the invite, but this weekend is going to be a busy one. The new pond is completed, but there is a lot of landscaping work still to be done.
Still, I hope the show goes well.
Regards,
Chris

Ask a Question