Leveling the pond after installing liner?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I finished building my fountain but made the mistake of not completely leveling the surface . This creates a problem for my fountain nozzle as it sprays side way.

What is the best way to keep my fountain nozzle and pump level when the surface underneath is not level? I don't really want to drain the fountain, remove the liner and stone to level the base again.

perhaps some sort of modable putty that I can manipulate?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Just shim the low side with anything really. A flat stone on one side or a angled stone that will go level. You can even make a little concrete pad at the correct angle.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup - stones and rocks are a pond builders best friend. You can use them for everything from leveling to holding plants in place to hiding plumbing and other mechanicals. Find just the right piece to hold your fountain level and you'll be in business!

We'd love to see pictures of your finished project!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks all. I will try some stones. Since I'm not building a fish pond, would it make my fountain hard to clean if I put a layer of pebble stone as the base?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
would it make my fountain hard to clean if I put a layer of pebble stone as the base?

I don't think it would be any HARDER to clean if you have a gravel base. You'd probably need to spray off the gravel from time to time, but the debris is going to settle no matter what. And with gravel in the base you may not see it or mind it as quickly. Pick a pretty gravel and it will look lovely!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only thing is the gravel will only look good for awhile and then muck will cover it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
He's building a fountain, not a pond @sissy . I don't think muck will be a problem as the only debris will be what falls in the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there is still muck because of pollen and other stuff pulled into it from rain .My neighbor thought the same thing when he built his pondless water feature .Then with in 2 months his pump started even clogged up with stuff .Anything can get in it from wind and rain .He has since ordered a laguna pump because it has a cage around it and he also got his electric bill with the other one and it was a shocker .The pump he bought after I put it on my watt tester was using 560 watts and looked it up and that is what it should use or at least around there .He never thought about watts used until the bill came in .Mine is 2900 gph and uses 65 watts and it is a laguna and his is only 1500 gph .The cleaner the pump is and the bigger the hose is the less energy it uses ,at least with laguna

Ask a Question