Lucky bamboo, ya or na?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never seen bamboo (likely the national plant) near or in ponds in Asia. That's a good indication why not. As mentioned above, the plant in question is "lucky bamboo" which is actually not from the real bamboo family.
Yes, Lucky Bamboo is not a true bamboo in the Grass Family (Poaceae). It is actually Dracaena sanderiana, a close relative of other Dracaena that are often grown as houseplants. It does grow well in bog conditions but it is frost tender and will only survive the Winter outdoors in USDA Zones 10 and higher.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don’t see the harm in replies to old threads, at least when they offer useful info in a relavent thread where starting a new one wouldn’t make much sense.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There is no harm at all the only issue is when they ask a question of someone but the post is 5 years old many myself included never saw the dates for several weeks using the forum

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't think there's any harm HOWEVER (and I'm not saying this is the case here) but those of us who have been around for awhile have seen a trend where suddenly a bunch of old threads will start getting responses and the "person" doing the responding has never posted anything else to the forum. That often raises the question - real person, or bot? Especially when they never respond again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'll reply. Lucky bambo is awesome for bogs and ponds. The problem is that it requires shade and doesnt survive to come back after winter. You're gonna need to take it back in. It's too much work for me, finding shade for it.

Close the thread. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Close the thread. :ROFLMAO:
are ya bamboo-ziling us, Fae???

smilie-masked-both-directions2.gif

Ask a Question