MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Correct south nj. Orginaly from buffalo my area till 16/17 years old. Been in nj since. Don' rember the ny channels well. But thanks for the info. Fyi I'll be 42 in 2 months

LOL...you're just a kid. ;) They probably switched from WPIX to PIX11 over 20 years ago. I remember when we only had 6 channels available in NY. Of course, those were the days long before cable and Fios.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yeah the old tube tv's, black and white, rabbit ears and had to arise out of chair to change channels..............but the shows were great way back when! Remember the Indian chief test pattern?
312px-RCA_Indian_Head_test_pattern.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah the old tube tv's, black and white, rabbit ears and had to arise out of chair to change channels..............but the shows were great way back when! Remember the Indian chief test pattern?
I rember falling asleep to the national anthem and waking up to "snow"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
LOL...you're just a kid. ;) They probably switched from WPIX to PIX11 over 20 years ago. I remember when we only had 6 channels available in NY. Of course, those were the days long before cable and Fios.
Just a kid.. thank you for making me feel young lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
As a kid in the 60s, I only remember having the three major channels and three UHF, one being PBS, and one Canadien channel that was a bit snowy. Started out in my current house (1987) with an antenna and didn't get cable until probably the mid 90s. Hard to imagine telling my kids now to 'get up and change the channel' if they didn't want to watch what is currently playing. And backing up my dvd collection, I found that in the 'old days', half hour comedies were presented at over 30 episodes per year! Imagine that, as opposed to a more typical 20 or so now (some even less at 12!) Plus, the average play time THEN was over 26 minutes. Currently, something like The Big Bang Theory is a hair over 19! So, lots and lots of extra money-making-moments for our poor, dear advertisers now! I feel so sorry for them...good thing I always employ some sort of dvr and can skip over the bulk of them...

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States

Ha...we had a remote! My father mainly used it. It was simple to use. Jimmy, put on channel 4...Jimmy, put on channel 7...Jimmy, put on channel 9, etc. I'm Jimmy, a.k.a. our first remote.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@MoonShadows - I have always seen Mary as the real hero in that story! Thanks for sharing that! I think the message is we all need someone to keep us grounded and moving in the right direction. Encouraging, pushing, seeing the best in us. And when all else fails - praying for us. It truly is a wonderful story of forgiveness and redemption.

Ask a Question