Morton pool salt safe to use in pond?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Paulad This thread is 2 years old. Maybe start a new one. Sometimes it’s less confusing with a separate thread, and sometimes old members don’t check in on a regular basis. Also, go to introductions and let us know about your ponding experiences.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this is SUPER OLD, but for some reason I have to say it. A couple people here are RUDE, MEAN, EGOTISTICAL, and VERY judgmental. Jaynie was only asking the difference in pool salt, then asked her entire life story so everyone could have an opinion on everything EXCEPT her question. Why is she so wrong for having her water tested? How can you balance your ecosystem unless you have a baseline? How do you know it’s balanced UNLESS YOU TEST IT? Why does anyone care how she does it? Or if she does it herself? Mean spirited people just looking to judge others. Mmathis is obviously the big shot queen of knowing everything (which is opposing everything anyone says). She throws a list of “not to be rude, but…” or “why would you…?”, as if anyone GAF about your negative opinions. The fact Jaynie even replied to you in a nice way, shows the difference in character and your ignorance. So after your negative bullet points RANT, you reply back with “all I was trying to say was it must be nice to have a friend who is a vet…”. Seriously??? You said everything EXCEPT what you claimed you were “trying to say”… TRY HARDER! DO BETTER! Making others feel inferior certainly can’t make you a happier person, (obvious from your “2-year old thread” comment, you haven’t stopped). You are NEG A TIVE! I realize it’s hard to find a REAL friend being like that, but creating enemies online shouldn’t be your go to “safe space”. Be nice or shut up! That’s my .02 “Karen” (I mean MMATHIS)!
JAYNIE: I hope you were able to save your fish and the one with the broken mouth was able to make it through all the trama. Would love to hear how it all panned out and if getting your water tested outside your property ended up creating detriment to the fish, pond or your life (haha). Take care.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
"Be nice or shut up" doesn't seem very nice to me.

A bit more experience with this forum and you might learn that there's a reason why people ask the questions they do. I guess we could just straight up answer the question and move on - but answering "is this salt safe for my pond" wouldn't really get to the heart of the issue.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@JATOCA. Thank you for opening my eyes. Well, I guess it’s time for me to leave this forum……bye guys! I didn’t realize the negative influence I was having on members. I apologize to everyone I have offended.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@JATOCA. Thank you for opening my eyes. Well, I guess it’s time for me to leave this forum……bye guys! I didn’t realize the negative influence I was having on members. I apologize to everyone I have offended.
I would prefer you stayed, but I understand sometimes it’s just not worth dealing with the difficult folks that pop up on social media.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would prefer you stayed, but I understand sometimes it’s just not worth dealing with the difficult folks that pop up on social media.
Thank you, so much……but I’m not going anywhere — was just joking. Been here 11 years and have seen all kinds. If the Admin/Mods ever have reason to make me leave, that’s one thing, but the occasional troll doesn’t bother me at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I don't add salt, but I wanted to mention that I have an electronic tester that I use for reading the pond's water temperature and it also can test for salt content.
So, for those that wish to know their pond's salt content, it just takes a dip of this tester and you'll get a digital read out.

Ask a Question