Multiple issues in one pond!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Please can I have some treatment advice?

I have one fish that seems to have low level ich, it seems fine but needs treatment which was about to do in the next day or so when the treatment arrived from Amazon.

However, yesterday, my fish were mating, and one of my males managed to get a large gash and bruise on it's side during all the excitement.

The pond is very deep so catching my fish to quarantine can be really tricky, and I therefore don't want to risk causing it more injury while I try catch it.

Both fish seem ok in themselves otherwise.

Is there a treatment I can put in the pond to treat the ich, that will also not cause any issue with the injured fish, and that will also help the injured fish? Should I start off trying just a adding some pond salt at this point, or would treating the whole pond with a general fungus/parasite treatment be ok?

Thanks all!

P.S. I have a mixture of Koi, Shubunkins and Goldfish, the fish with the 2 issues are both Shubunkins

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd help the injured fish first it's probably a female and they do get hammered. So I'd go with large dose of stress coat. Or similar it's basicly aloe in liquid form. It will help boost the immune system. Then go after the ice issue if indeed it is ich.

Ask a Question