My favorite fish in the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So here he is, my not so colorful, yet favorite koi (haven't named him yet) he is 3 yrs old, between 18" and 20"
I just love the swirly pattern and huge scales he has!
nice7.jpg nice4.jpg nice5.jpg nice2.jpg 20160915_185226 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Pretty, he strikes me as a Sterling or Remington​
Thank you! I googled that, but the search brought up any fish with even a tiny bit of silver on them...it really doesn't matter what kind he is, probably just a domestic mutt, but something about him made me unable to turn him away with the rest of the large ones this Spring, and made me choose to invest thousands in pond renovation...I mean something about his personality, not just his look

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i find it unique , wish i had such a fish lovely its not colourful but have beautiful contrast i feel cool looking at it like snow or forest in snow fall ) , i love the ones behind it equaly , the orange black one and red white , all attractive , waiting for more pics of others

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
i find it unique , wish i had such a fish lovely its not colourful but have beautiful contrast i feel cool looking at it like snow or forest in snow fall ) , i love the ones behind it equaly , the orange black one and red white , all attractive , waiting for more pics of others
Thank you Usman! I will post more pics! You mentioned before I should post pics in my profile, what do you mean by that, is there a spot for pics in profile?
I like Sterling as a name! He looks like a Sterling (y)
I bet it's a pretty name when you say it, it just doesn't sound that good with my accent

It is a pretty fish.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
There should be a rule of, never name a fish till it's been with you a year.
Well he's been with me 3yrs!
Anyway I didn't post to get ideas for a name, I just wanted to show it to you guys, I was curious to see if it's just me, or others like him too:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Thank you Usman! I will post more pics! You mentioned before I should post pics in my profile, what do you mean by that, is there a spot for pics in profile?
I bet it's a pretty name when you say it, it just doesn't sound that good with my accent

Thank you!
yes if u create album here https://www.gardenpondforum.com/media/ it will show on ur profile as media or album , admin can tell u more if theres any thing

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have several similar koi. My favorite is Blueberry- dark and pale blue with very long fins and that same mixed up scale pattern .I have always known it as German or Dragon scale.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have several similar koi. My favorite is Blueberry- dark and pale blue with very long fins and that same mixed up scale pattern .I have always known it as German or Dragon scale.
I would love to see your fish, do you have them posted somewhere?

Ask a Question