my pet koi fish has passed away this winter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Blackdog. I'm sorry about your fish. We all get very attached to our fish.Just wondering how big the pond is. If it is under 1000 gallons you might want to consider goldfish instead.

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
i thinking about a pond i going to stay with the one koi fish by its self in the tank and see how big i can get then do the pond outside :)

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
oh i can keep a koi in my tank i done it before i just have to keep up on the water changes and keep the filters cleaned out every few weeks and feed them right and by the time i get them big to move i will have the pond all done :) i hope just like i did with my koi fish who died R.I.P MY KOI U ARE ALWAYS WILL BE MISSED

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Blackdog I am sorry about your Koi, bigger and deeper should help a lot.

It is good to see another Utahan on here :) I am in Midvale UT but have property in west Iron County and travel through Beaver all the time. My sister and family live in the valley off the Enoch exit.

In case you all don't know, Beaver was rated as having the best water in the US :)

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
i rent the home with no way of putting in a pond so i trying to get a water tought or a old pool to trun in to a pond one of them pools that are like 4 feet deep

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Blackdog Iheard you said tank ?
Do you mean Aquarium and if so how many gallons is it and what filtration do you have on it

I used to keep mine indoors and provided they are properly filtrated U.V-C etc, then you can keep indoors provided you keep a close eye on things and I mean a close eye as things can and do go wrong .
I've attached two photos of our old way of doing things .

rgrds

Dave

dandv03.jpg

dandv02.jpg

Blackdog128

blackdog128
Reaction score
she did lived in a 55 gal tank alone the filter runs 350 gl per hour thu it and the tank stayed super clean all the time now it has swordtails fish in it :)tank alone
she got to 6 inchs in 12 months in the tank i feed her every other day when she was indoors did 50% water changes every month with out fail and she would follow me from end of the tank to the other :)

Ask a Question