My Pilgramage to the Meca, AQUALAND

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
After being recognized and Awarded Best DIY. pond build by Aquascapes for 2023. I have just returned from a 1000 mile trek to Saint Charles Illinois. to visit Aqualand

20240222_101200.jpg
20240223_102732.jpg
20240223_143152.jpg
20240224_064050.jpg
20240224_064339.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bet you had SO MUCH FUN!
When Greg was at my house , I had asked him if shaq was half the nice guy I believed him to be. His response was he was a BIG BIG kid with a BIG BIG HEART. Well after going to Greg's home/ Aqualand and spending three days with him, I found him to be very much the same. 9 ball , dodge ball, basketball, pool, batting cages, corn hole, soccer, are just a few of the after hour activities that the group did. These are all within Aqualand, he takes health to a whole new level he has a complete fitness center that is lager than most health clubs and Every piece of equipment is in there. It kinda reminded me of when Microsoft broke the mold encouraging it's employees to Not wear suits and ties, be them selves sprawl out and brain storm with your colleagues. It is an interesting place , created by an interesting man.

Now when I got one on one time with some of the employees and I asked if he had always been so cool calm and collective . I GOT responses I expected to hear , he has calmed down a lot in his old age. My response to them was you do not build a dynasty by not breaking some eggs, nor do you keep employee's for 30 years without taking care of your people.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
After being recognized and Awarded Best DIY. pond build by Aquascapes for 2023. I have just returned from a 1000 mile trek to Saint Charles Illinois. to visit Aqualand

Oh wow! That sounds amazing! Tell us all about it!

This last photo is just perfect! The reflection of the sky makes it seem as if the pond is somewhere in the mountains. You should send this one to Greg Wittstock!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh wow! That sounds amazing! Tell us all about it!

This last photo is just perfect! The reflection of the sky makes it seem as if the pond is somewhere in the mountains. You should send this one to Greg Wittstock!
i would love to do photography for him, but after talking with so many in the academy I'm thinking consulting may be a lucrative avenue. All but two in the class out of 60 were landscapers. a good addition to their projects that they offer which are the same tools they use everyday. But everyone of the builds i saw that they had made looked like string of pearls or the slate waterfall staircase.

i met Gregs son , Blake. His buddies and his cousin. it was so nice talking to our up and coming who have their own minds and not blinded by follow the leader.
Aqualand reminds me of what Microsoft did with their dress policy in the 80's it was unheard of that shorts flip flops unkept hair was now work attire BUT it more than worked. Now im not saying this is aqualand BY ANY MEANS what i'm trying to say is it has a very friendly and interactive flair to it health and exercise is everywhere. AS I STATED BEFORE HE HAS SO MANY things to do there to create team work. like in Maverick placing suicided football. That is the best way i can describe it.

Met some great young entrepreneurs " made me feel like a dinosaur " as i have done more years of work, most twice their age. 47 years i have been working in construction now, I am a dinosaur...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is this where we start suggesting names for your new enterprise?
Affraid to put that out to the WWW.. LOL I HAVE A COUPLE i'm thinking of but could do a secrete santa in a message and set a time limit to choose one

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whatever the name, it definitely will be in all caps;)

Thanks for posting @GBBUDD all those great pics, even if I have to accept all those cheap shots at suit and ties.
I have a hard enough time paying 6 bucks a gallon for diesel under this idiot , if i have to give 1/3 of a settlement TO SOMEONE WHOS ON MY SIDE and i cant choke them out. At least i can demand you wear a tie and know its uncomfortable. LMAO .. Just ribbin you i have nothing against your profession , and im sticking to it...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
YUP....................................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you take the polar plunge off the waterfall at Aqualand?
I pictured doing the plunge in my mind ... remembering what it was like diving for lobsters off the coast of New Hampshire mid winter and certain parts played turtle / scared the hell out of me ..... never again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Growler

Latest Threads