Need a LED garden light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a LED solar light for my backyard. Don't want to spend money on electricity. Does anyone here used LED solar light in the garden? It would be appreciated if anyone can tell me where I can buy it and how much. Or if this is a good choice http://amzn.to/1GjCOW6

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Need a LED solar light for my backyard. Don't want to spend money on electricity. Does anyone here used LED solar light in the garden? It would be appreciated if anyone can tell me where I can buy it and how much. Or if this is a good choice http://amzn.to/1GjCOW6
That light sucks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If you want bright light, always look at the number of lumens. I have LOTS of solar lights, but only a couple of LED ones. Another thing to consider is you need a good amount of sunlight, so can't just put them where you want light. Also, don't place several lights together, as one will cancel out the others since it will make the "eye" think it's not dark enough yet. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
As some-one who's worked in the UK lighting industry for over 35 years, I think you'll get more light from a damp candle.
LED is a great leap forward in lighting technology, but there's a lot of poor quality LED products out there.
As a general rule, don't buy any LED product if the sales blurb doesn't quote a lumen output.

Ask a Question