One of those lurkers for a few years that finally joined because I have an issue unfortunately...

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I hate to be that person... I lurked for the last few years and finally joined because of an issue I'm having. I've learned a lot off of this site through Google and I really appreciate the posts from years past an current. A little about myself I'm a 33 year old marine vet living in Ohio. I sold my home 3 years ago due to not being able to stand the neighbors that moved in. ( I'm an honest and outspoken person hopefully that's accepted here ) . At my old house I dug a small natural game fish pond that did very well roughly 20 feet wide by 30 feet long. My wife , kids , and I enjoyed it while our stay there. When we moved to the new place we inherited a small 1000 gallon pond that was let go for two years by the previous owners. After diving into a rabbit hole and learning and creating bad habbits that I had to sadly overcome I've come to love the koi pond hobby. It's very therapeutic for me to say the least. This spring I decided to tear down the 30 foot round swimming pool at the new house that I've grown to hate. In its place I constructed another koi pond surrounded by sandstone and river rock with a step down patio . It's still a work in progress. The new pond is 21 feet long by 13 feet wide in almost a kidney shape . 1/3 of the pond is 4 feet deep and the rest is 3 feet . I will post pictures soon and also the issue I'm having. ( Going to pond store tomorrow that I trust to take back a passed fish an to figure out a plan to save the other two big guys). I don't have any social media hence why it took me so long to join the forum . Anyhow I will make another thread about my issue soon but I didn't want to just join and ask questions and leave. I wanted to introduce myself and a little about my ponds and look forward to finally being a member here. I do apologize for the long introduction post but for those that took time to read it I appreciate it and look forward to getting to know you guys and gals !

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Welcome! Ponding is definitely addictive. Looking forward to seeing photos of your set-up.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Stark county
We recently had some bad storms, which took out power for a while in our city. We had relief crews (AEP) come down from Ohio and Indiana and I got to chat with them. I always asked where [in Ohio or Indiana] they were from — like I would know. Those guys were some hard workers and super nice, but I’ll bet not a one of them will ever come to back to Louisiana, at least not voluntarily. They we’re having a really hard time adjusting to our heat and humidity:eek:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yellow fish2.gif
@Buckeyekoi
Your pond is around 6,000 gals or so. Just don't put too many koi in there as they need a lot of room for each one unless you have super good filtration. Will be great to see photo's!

Pond calculator: https://www.pondvolumecalculator.com/

Ask a Question