Plumbing placement and design

Reaction score
Country
United States
New pond, maybe a year old and a year of H**L as struggled with my design flaws…though my once 3-4” koi from his past spring now approach 10-12”. I guess the good Lord does watch over fools!
As photos, 3’ + deep, center bottom drain (2”) runs 3’ to corner then up to side outlet. Maybe 12-18” of water above outlet. This I believe should be lower to more forcefully drain towards pump/ filtering. Help!
As shown, I’ve torn all plumbing down as winter is beginning, now using a submersible pump thru statuary mainly for added areation.
My feeling is the need to dig down placing small sump and going from there with an inline/external pump but frankly am searching for ideas.
Only 3-4’ of pipe to pond inlet (beneath the raised statue) a 1 1/2” pipe…as all pipe is currently.
The kicker is my loving wife hates to have much showing behind the pond…possibly behind the statue.
Love any thoughts, new friends!
I am playing with idea of a raised planted bio bed at top of wall to flow into pond..but my brain is spinning

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have to agree with hamstermann some photos would help tremendously

Ask a Question