Pond Cover for Leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
@mondotomhead .... Quick question ... I have a smaller 12 x 9 pond. I used one crossbar and the snow collapses it and then it pops back to shape when the snow melts. My crossbar was only on top, not anchored down into the ground. I've used the rebar, btw and it's much better and easier.
So, did you use a torch to bend the 3/4" pvc at the 4 spots or fittings. Seems a torch might be easy ??? Thx

I'm sorry I didn't get an email alert to answer your question.

Anyway, the pvc fits into each other (to make it longer). He just pushed those 2 connections together. He did use a torch to bend the cross pieces that go from front to back because you couldn't make a "bow" like lengthwise. He used large wire ties to keep all the pieces together.

I hope that answers your question.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I'm sorry I didn't get an email alert to answer your question.

Anyway, the pvc fits into each other (to make it longer). He just pushed those 2 connections together. He did use a torch to bend the cross pieces that go from front to back because you couldn't make a "bow" like lengthwise. He used large wire ties to keep all the pieces together.

I hope that answers your question.

Yes, thanks so much. I changed to the rebar and put the frame up this afternoon. I tried a torch but didn't like the bends so I used 45 degree
couplings and it worked out beautifully. Rebar was so much easier than driving 1" pvc into the ground and then fitting the 3/4" into the 1" ....
Pics below .... Thanks again @mondotomhead :) ...

IMG_6295.jpg
IMG_6296.jpg
IMG_6298.jpg
IMG_6299.jpg

Ask a Question