sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
kept pressing it and nothing happened .Man you must have made a lot of neighbors laugh that day .Look at the nut pulling a rock down the road .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Cape, I loved the 3 robins in your picture that you posted to show your pea gravel color! I was just ooohing and aaaahhing over the birds instead.
EH, that is some determination to get a rock! I think I would have enlisted the help of friends and a truck! I'm impressed with your ingenuity.
You all are enticing me to go searching for rocks in the local creek banks this summer. Can never have too many rocks, after all!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope like button would not work for some reason .Find a rock ce and make a pull cart for your horses to pull your rock home .We used to do that in PA to build the retaining wall at the side garden of my parents home ,geeze we even used the mule and a pig to drag rocks across the field .We actually used the old axle and tires from an old abandoned volkswagon .Used pieces of wood nailed together and brackets to hold the wheels onto the wood and brackets were from old piece of abandoned farm equipment we found in the barn .Fell apart a couple of times but it lasted 4 years of pulling rocks for the wall and then for the bridge

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When I click on Like today it does not show that I liked it. It just switches to the unlike button so can't tell if anything got liked or not! Maybe we need to clear our cache/history again cuz think Ian is doing tweaks to the software.

I need to make a trip to the sound (Puget Sound) down to the salt water beach and find some more colorful big rocks. Neat, neat like a toilet seat rocks there but heavy............hubby and I will need to sit in the back massage chair after that trip!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep Jw I had the same thing and said I unliked it and felt bad for event and all that rock rolling he did

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Be patient cuz Ian is working on fixing the little glitches in the system.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
agree.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, mine changes to Unlike. But, if it's like on FB, that's how it does there, too. If you want to "unlike" it after you have "liked" it, you click on the "unlike" button and your "like" goes away. Clear as mud? :LOL: :LOL: Maybe he had to do that since he gave us so many likes now. Haha. I figure if it shows "unlike", then the sender successfully got my "like". heehee

Reaction score
CE, hubby got a few pics of the birds one day from the window... never noticed so many at once before... there were a grand total of about 20 birds (Robins and finches), but only a few at a time around/in the pond/bog...

I think it is funny as heck what we'll all do for rocks... Trying to get hubby out of here this morning, I took a call from another contractor (tree company) we work with (20+ yrs)... He calls us when ever he has stumps to remove (this guy is a bucket truck type tree company, verses we do all forms of tree and landscape work) ... well, hubby is booked solid right now, and I got him a spot in the schedule as fast as I could (Wednesday morning) ... The money for the stumps is good, but doesnt compete with the other jobs booked earlier... Stump removals are like a "treasure hunt" ... you just never know what you'll end up for cool rocks under that stump LOL. So I get to call the client scheduled for Wednesday morning, and bump them back a couple of hours so we can go rock hunting LOL. It's a repeat client, so they wont mind:)

Ask a Question