Ponding terms, especially those abbreviations...

Reaction score
I'm not really a noobie to ponding, but I've been away from the forums for too many years. I'll post something in the 'Introduction' threads later. But is there a 'pinned' thread anywhere (search needs 4 or more characters!) that might have a list of the abbreviations for the things many here take for granted? Those may be confusing to noobies and folks like me who have 'been away' for a bit too long! :redface: I even saw one thread where someone asked what a "bog" was! Twice! No one offered an answer or even suggested Google/Bing/Yahoo, so I decided that must be some kind of 'in' joke. :rolleyes:
  • TT
  • QT
  • etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think they abbreviate to much sometimes .I try to keep my ponding simple and easy .I am getting to old for all that hard fancy expensive stuff ,give me simple and oh yes cheap . :cheerful:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
QT, Quarantine Tank
TT, Trickle Tower
Bog, several different types but basically an area where moving water has plants that grow in it to help in removing nitrates, Usually does not contain fish but in some instances it's possible.

Reaction score
I knew/know what a bog is. We had one near the foundation while building our house many years ago. I about half buried a small tractor in it!! Thought I might have to rent a bigger one just to pull/dig out the small one!! :ugh: :blush: Our "soil" is almost pure clay and once it gets deeply wet, it's worse than quick sand! But it makes bricks "dirt" cheap! (No pun intended, of course!) :groan:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep we have the red clay here and what a pain just to plant in .I had to add to the soil epsom salts and lots of lime all that was on this property was scrub pines .Sounds like you had a real mess with the tractor .I know before I put my fence in i almost went into the ditch with my mower darn rain really softened that clay up .

Ask a Question