Post Flocculent Milky Water

Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday I climbed in the pond and divided all of my Lillie's, much over due. I planted one stock in each new pot containing landscape fabric, pea gravel, aquatic plant medium and additional pea gravel. I rinsed both the planting medium and pea gravel multiple times before potting to get any dust off. Needless to say, there was still a decent amount of pea gravel dust introduced into the pond. This morning it was still there. So this afternoon I added a healthy dose of tetrapond water clarifier (flocculent). Now a couple of hours later there is a decent amount of pea gravel tinted foam on top of the water and a general milky cloudiness to the water overall. Is this expected with flottulent use and will it simply dissipate? I'm using quilt batting for additional filtration in the waterfall. I know it's only been a few hours, but am wondering if this is expected and if it will simply go away. Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
When we used to set up mew tanks in the past we would give the pea gravel a good hosing before use and even then it turnbed the water slightly cloudy , I think for you its just going to be a waiting game it should clear but you may havemade matters worse by putting in the clarifier which causes particals to gather around it tobe taken out to the filter.
it may as I've already said take a day or two .

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question