Preggers or just a chubbie shubbie?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LOL! These fish don't graze, they attack! The floating water lettuce and hyasinth is constantly on the move with one or more fish aggressively chomping on the roots. It's fortunate that those plants multiply so quickly. There is still a fine film of algae on the sides of the tank and they munch on that also. That was another reason that I thought they needed more food.
That fine carpet of green on the rocks is a sign of a healthy eco system. That's what you need to see as a fish's buffet. There is no one standing above a stream or pond to feed you three times a day in the wild. fish need to find there own food and that carpet on the rocks is their dinner bell.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That fine carpet of green on the rocks is a sign of a healthy eco system. That's what you need to see as a fish's buffet. There is no one standing above a stream or pond to feed you three times a day in the wild. fish need to find there own food and that carpet on the rocks is their dinner bell.
Yessss. Between the algae and the plants they are almost always eating. I see now that by overfeeding I created a lot of unnecessary work for myself. I'm glad that this discussion got a little off topic and resulted in providing the info I most needed. I thank you, my fishes thank you. 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catski717

Latest Threads