Red water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I would say that if your going to have any dirt washed into your pond, then clay is the preferential choice.:)
Clay is great at adsorbing components that algae use as food. (note - adsorbing, not absorbing)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Good news. This morning my water is clearer and not as red!!

Excuse my finger, new phone, not used to it yet even though it's the same brand.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Love your fishies Nepen. And I'm sure you will get your runoff issues figured out. There's always some tweeking to do on a new pond build right? :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I would say that if your going to have any dirt washed into your pond, then clay is the preferential choice.:)
Clay is great at adsorbing components that algae use as food. (note - adsorbing, not absorbing)
Really? But the dirt there is actually topsoil we put there :cry: I think that's why I have so much string algae because the nutrient from the topsoil. Our clay is underneath and on the other side where there's no runoff.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

I just saw three one inche babies in there. Wondering what they will look like later on.

Ask a Question