Salting/Liming the pond impact on plants

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Did you click on the photo to enlarge it? Or you can save it to your computer and resample/resize it yourself with most any photo software.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I always try to learn what the origins are of where the fish/plants/invertebrates originate from and try to recreate that environment.

Shortcuts can be useful, but you must understand both the negative and positive aspects of the shortcut first.

I get u i agree but Nature is not based on perfection, quality rather on quantity and balance ,its not made to save all fishes but the hight growth rate maintains balance as most of the fishes either die or get eaten before maturity but still enuf survive ,on theother hand we try to save all fishes in controled environment thts why we do un natural things going against natural survival of the fittest , i did experienced some situations where pond can have dissease or over population of parasites where only treating a fish wont solve problem and u cant take out all fishes in qt for a day or 2

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I get u i agree but Nature is not based on perfection, quality rather on quantity and balance ,its not made to save all fishes but the hight growth rate maintains balance as most of the fishes either die or get eaten before maturity but still enuf survive ,on theother hand we try to save all fishes in controled environment thts why we do un natural things going against natural survival of the fittest , i did experienced some situations where pond can have dissease or over population of parasites where only treating a fish wont solve problem and u cant take out all fishes in qt for a day or 2

Situations where disease and/or parasite issues are exhibited by the majority or entirety of the fish population in a pond always has its origin in poor water quality which weakens fish and leaves them prone to infection. Treating an entire pond can produce devastating results on the bioconversion and other aquatic organisms and plants making what is likely an already bad situation worse. All of the fish in a pond can be treated in a separate location.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada

Ah, but balance is perfection.;)
I would treat a fish that cost $100k the same as I would treat a feeder goldfish.

Last edited:

Ask a Question