JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I bought a Siberian Iris today for a couple bucks and am wondering if it can grow in the pond? Maybe the bog? It was cheap so I figured at least I'd plant it in the ground outside of my pond but if it can handle water conditions I might plant it in the pond.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Good to know! I think I'll try mine in the pond. I couldn't resist buying one for a few bucks. That's the good part about finding them in a regular garden center. If they were listed as pond plants, they would've cost about triple the price. I think that's my new method for getting cheap pond plants. I did the same for my Blue Arrows Rush and Globeflower.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Another really pretty, long blooming, bees love it plant is spiderwort. I have it in my bog and in the pond in a pot and on land.

I saw a small pink variety of Spiderwort at the garden center today, even listed as good for bogs. Nearly bought it but decided to wait until I get some more pond plants first. Maybe if they still have it in a few weeks I'll pick it up. I have spiderwort in my wildflower garden but it gets real tall and needs support or it starts to fall over, not ideal for my small bog.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine only gets around a foot tall, covered with flowers, in the bog it flowers all summer, on land just flowers well when it rains a lot, it has buds but they don't open without a lot of moisture.

Ask a Question