Solar Pump?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I was just curious if I have an odd shaped pond that is approx 2' x 4'. It's about 200 gallons.
I was wondering if I could use a Solar Panel to run the pump in the Pond? If so, do you have any recommendations on a Solar Pump?

The only time the panel wouldn't have sunlight, would be from 7pm - 8am.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I can't see a solar pump having enough power to run for anything other than day light hours.
This would be fine to operate a water feature. But if it is the only pump you are going to run and you have fish then I would worry about oxygen levels not to mention filtration.
Solar anything also degrades in time do to the battery and solar collectors degrading.
In short if you have a small water feature you want to run, in a pond without fish it should be ok. But if you have fish in the pond, I would say you need more filtration and reliable water movement. Good luck(y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have fish at the moment, but I was planning on getting some small goldfish soon. I will just stick with a regular pump then. Thank you for your help :)

Ask a Question